16th Annual Celebration of the `Ukulele!
Living The Legacy
Promoting and perpetuating the playing of 'ukulele music.
When: Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:30am - 5:00pm
Where: Hayward Adult School, 22100 Princeton Street, Hayward, CA, 94541
Entrance Donation: $7.00 Adults, children under
The 16th Annual 'Ukulele Festival of Northern California is the longest running ukulele festival on the mainland. This local event has attracted 'ukulele enthusiasts from British Columbia (Canada), to the Islands of Hawaii, as well as local talent from the Bay Area. It is held on the last Sunday of April. Be sure to mark your calendar.
2009 Door Prizes
Festival Prizes will be drawn at the closing of our program. Winners must be present to claim their prize & be prepared to show a photo ID.
- ‘Ukulele, courtesy of Kamaka Hawaii, Inc.:
In keeping with the founders’ wishes, this drawing is only for pre-registered musicians performing in the program. Musicians names will be placed in a designated container.
- Two (2) round-trip tickets to Hawaii, courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines:
There will be two separate drawings for one ticket each. You must have your entrance ticket for this drawing.
- ‘Ukulele, courtesy of Sonny D Ukuleles:
You must have your entrance ticket for this drawing.
`Ukulele Festival/PICA Scholarship
- DEADLINE: March 15, 2009
- Award: $500
- Eligibility: Applicant must be an active participant in a Pacific Islander (Polynesian, Melanesian, Micronesian) cultural class, program or activity and currently enrolled as a high school senior or college student.
- This scholarship is made available by the Pacific Islanders' Cultural Association (PICA) and the `Ukulele Festival of Northern California.
For Scholarship application contact Susie Sakamoto: (510)796-3284.
For more information:
The 'Ukulele Festival of Northern California is sponsored by the Hayward Unified School District & the Hayward Adult School in collaboration with Kaleponi Strings 'Ukulele Class & Na Hawai'i 'O Kaleponi Dancers.
top of page
'Ukulele Festival of Northern California
All Rights Reserved